To enjoy a toast, as an aperitif or during a meal, this sparkling wine is obtained from a long lag phase with the Charmat method, which gives it a fine perlage.
Only the best bunches are gently crushed and then the free-run must is vinified at controlled temperature.
Agape, our sparkling brut, is produced by blending two different vines: Biancame, a traditional variety, which gives the wine a good acidity, and Chardonnay, an international grapevine which, grown on our hills, gives it excellent body and flavour. In Agape they are superbly balanced and the result is one of our favourite products which has received enormous success and appreciation.
- Blend: Biancame 70%, Chardonnay 30%
- Production area: Carignano di Fano
- Type of soil: tufaceous
- Training system: Spurred cordon or Guyot
- Exposure: South-East
- Yield: 7-9 tons per hectare (about 3/4 kg per vine)
- Harvesting season and method: 1st and 2nd week of August, manual into crates and immediate crushing
- Vinification: gentle crushing of the best bunches without skins, fermentation at controlled temperature and ageing on fine lees in steel tanks. Subsequent Prise de mousse in autoclave with Charmat method.
- Alcohol content: 12 % vol.