Our juice is obtained by pressing the Sangiovese red grape berries. The free-run must is stored in a barrel and left there for one night to let the coarser particles decant and settle in order to obtain a clearer juice, but avoiding the start of the fermentation process.
The juice is then pasteurised at a minimum temperature of 92° and bottled. No sugar or water are added, grape juice is the one and only ingredient.
Our juice is an energising drink, high in sugar, completely non-alcoholic and therefore perfect for children or athletes. Drunk fresh and diluted in water is a refreshing drink. The plain juice can be used also as a topping for cakes and ice-creams, the gravy can be used to dress game or boar recipes.
- Blend: Sangiovese 100%
- Production area: Carignano di Fano
- Type of soil: tufaceous
- Training system: Spurred cordon
- Exposure: South-East
- Yield: 8-10 tons per hectare (3 kg each vine)
- Harvesting method: hand-picking into crates
- Vinification: destemming–crushing of the bunches, decanting of free-run must in steel barrel for one night at controlled temperature to prevent fermentation to start, pasteurisation and manual bottling.
- Alcohol content: 0 % vol.