Our wine Gazza, Colli Pesaresi Sangiovese DOC, comes from the old vineyards that grow on the hills around Carignano, at approximately 200 metres above sea level, with South-East sun exposure. This vineyards can enjoy excellent tufaceous soil.
Thanks to the accurate selection done during hand-picking, for this wine only the best bunches are used. After destemming and crushing they pass to fermentation at controlled temperatures, with the skins, for 7 days. The subsequent ageing in steel barrels for 5 months produces a wine which is at its best if drunk within the first year, with a fairly low alcohol content but very drinkable, suitable for the market’s requests and an excellent alternative to our Timoteo in food and wine pairing.
- Blend: Sangiovese 85%- Montepulciano 15%
- Production area: Carignano di Fano
- Yield: 8-10 tons per hectare (3 kg per vine)
- Harvesting method: hand-picking into crates
- Vinification: destemming and crushing of bunches, fermentation with the skins and maceration at controlled temperature for 7 days
- Alcohol volume: 12 % vol.