Giglio”, Bianchello del Metauro DOC, is the result of our passion for wine: a structured wine, fresh and savoury, obtained from pure Biancame grapevine.
Thanks to the accurate selection during hand-picking, only the best bunches are used here. The free-run must, obtained with the first gentle crushing of the selected bunches, ferments at cool controlled temperatures (cool fermentation).
This Bianchello del Metauro DOC comes from our vineyards in the hills of Carignano, at approximately 200 metres above sea level.
To preserve the local traditions, a few years ago we decided to expand our vineyards using shoots from the old Bianchello vines that grandfather Oddo planted around 60 years ago. We had them grown in a specialised nursery and we planted them in a position where they can enjoy the best sun exposure. Their roots grow in excellent tufaceous soil which enhances the characteristic typicality of this wine.
- Blend: biancame (Bianchello )100%
- Production area: Carignano di Fano
- Type of soil: tufaceous
- Training system: guyot
- Exposure: South-East
- Yield: 7-8 tons per hectare (about 2,5 kg each vine)
- Harvesting method: hand-picking into crates and immediate crushing
- Vinification: gentle crushing of whole bunches, fermentation without skins in controlled temperature for 15 days approximately, ageing on fine lees.
- Alcohol content: 12,5%-13% vol.